Sunday, April 22, 2012

What 419 bulbs looks like





Not so impressive, right? Well, the proof is in the pricing I think. Referencing the post describing what I put in (http://growinginpepperell.blogspot.com/2011/11/419-bulbs.html) Not one of the narcissus came up, but the white tulips did very well, and the pink are pretty - see above close ups. I don't have a pic of the orangey red by the walk, because they were blooming and done before I could lay hands on a camera. I think they lasted a week. As for the 296 near the neighbor's drive - pbhht. They barely bloomed. I'm sticking with white flower farm in the future.
So I just need more, right? ha. To be fair, they got pretty scorched. It hasn't rained here in over a month, and we had been away on vacation, so no water for them. Phooey.

No comments:

Local Nurseries I've used

Followers